Apple has finally released iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 to the general public for all compatible iPhone and iPad devices. In the initial hours of the rollout, Apple's servers could be busy which will potentially hinder you from upgrading to the latest version. Additionally, you could encounter some issues when trying to download and install the latest iOS 17 update on your iPhone. Henceforth, it is always vital to clean install iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 on your iPhone or iPad.
This is how you can clean install iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 on compatible iPhone and iPad models
iOS 17 is a significant update considering the number of features it brings to the table. The update brings a new StandBy Mode, interactive widgets, lock screen enhancements, and AirDrop improvements. If you are planning to download and install the recently released iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 update on your iPhone and iPad, the best way is to make use of IPSW files to clean and install the build. The process is fairly simple so be sure to follow the steps carefully.
To clean install iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 on your iPhone and iPad, the first thing that you have to do is download the proper IPSW file for your device. Make sure that you do not make a mistake in this regard. For your ease, we have embedded the iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 IPSW files below for your iPhone and iPad. Simply download them to your Mac or PC and follow the steps below.
- iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13
- iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12
- iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone SE 2, iPhone SE 3
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd-gen, 3rd-gen, 4th-gen, 5th-gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st-gen, 2nd-gen, 3rd-gen, 4th-gen)
- iPad Air (3rd-gen, 4th-gen)
- iPad mini (5th-gen, 6th-gen)
- iPad (6th-gen, 7th-gen, 8th-gen, 9th-gen, 10th-gen)
These are all the iPhone and iPad models that are compatible with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17. To clean install iOS 17 or iPadOS 17, download the proper IPSW file and save it to your Mac or PC's desktop.
- The first thing that you have to do is connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC using a USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Now, launch iTunes on your PC and Finder on your Mac.
- Select your device when it is detected in iTunes or Finder.
- On your Mac hold the left Option key and click the Restore iPhone button. On your PC, hold the left Shift key and click on the Restore iPhone button.
- When a new window is opened, select the iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 IPSW file that you saved earlier on your desktop.
- Finder or iTunes will extract the contents from the IPSW files and restore them to your iPhone or iPad. Take note that this process will take a while so do not be alarmed and just sit back and relax.
- Your iPhone will restart running iOS 17 or iPadOS 17. You would have to set it manually.
This is all that you have to do to clean install iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 on your iPhone and iPad. You can also check out how to prepare your iPhone or iPad for the latest updates. We will be covering the releases in extensive detail, so be sure to stick around.